Program Goals On completing this program, participants will have:
improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
Programs While a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
Study Tours to Korean NGOs
Eligibility With minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants: 20~25
Selection Criteria The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
field experience 25%
expertise in women’s issues 25%
potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
contribution to the community 25%
Statement of Purpose
Letter of Recommendation
A Scanned Copy of Passport
Language English is the official language of the EGEP.
Funding Ewha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
Contact Us For more information, please visit the website of the organizing institution, Asian Center for Women’s Studies, at http://home.ewha.ac.kr/~acws/eng/ or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application requirements should be submitted online (http://egep.ewha.ac.kr).
- All forms are downloadable at the Asian Center for Women’s Studies (http://home.ewha.ac.kr/~acws/eng/).
- Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail on November 15, 2013.
- Every selected participant is required to submit a 5-page paper regarding women and/or gender issues which will be presented in the Forum.
- The email inquiries received during Chuseok, the Korean thanksgiving days from September 18 through 22, will be attended to after the end of the holiday.
January 12 ~ 26, 2014
Ewha Womans University
Seoul, South Korea
Application Submission: September 30 ~ October 13, 2013